Freitag, 16. Dezember 2011

FTF / Bald ist Weihnachten

...und so langsam kehrt auch bei mir ein wenig Weihnachtsstimmung ein. Der Baum steht seit letztem Wochenende und es kommen jeden Tag einige Kleinigkeiten dazu. Ich muss noch 2 Tage arbeiten und habe dann fast drei Wochen Urlaub. Ich freue mich riesig. Und da dieses der letzte FTF Post dieses Jahres ist ist mein Lieblingsteil dieses Mal mein Tannenbaum. Schon seit fast zwanzig Jahren stellen wir den Baum gute zwei Wochen vor Weihnachten auf und jeder der ein Geschenk hat oder kriegt, legt es unter den Baum. Ich finde das sehr schön, denn es steigert bei mir die Vorfreude auf Weihnachten und der Duft von Tannennadeln, Harz, Weihnachtsplätzchen etc. macht eine schöne Stimmung.
Ich hoffe ihr könnt auch langsam ein bischen runterfahren und zur "Besinnung" kommen.
Danke, dass ihr immer nochmal vorbei schaut auch wenn ich seltener schreibe. Und wenn Ihr Zeit habt dann schaut doch mal bei Shay vorbei, wer am letzten FTF des Jahres noch alles teilnimmt.


Almost Christmas and finally I am getting a bit into the spirit of X-mas. We put up our tree last weekend and everyday someone puts another small package under the tree. It is very unusual to put up your tree this early in Germany (most people put theirs up on the 24th) but I like the smell of the fresh cut tree and the feeling the lit up tree leaves in the house. Therefore this is my FTF for today: Our Christmas tree.
I only have to work for two more days and than I will be off for almost three weeks. I am utterly excited :-)
I hope you are also slowing down a bit and are having time to think about the true meaning of christmas.
Enjoy the season and thanks for stopping by! And ifyou have a bit of time, stop by at Shay´s blog and see other peoples favourites for the last time this year.

Kommentare:

Michelle Ridgway hat gesagt…

Your tree looks beauitful Kirsten. I have many German Christmas tree ornaments as my Best friends son lived there for quite awhile and she bought me back some lovely ones as gifts. So I will think of you when I look at them.
Merry Christmas Kirsten to you and your family.

Sarcastic Quilter hat gesagt…

I love it, too and as far as I am concerned, since you put it up early you can be an honarary impatient American for the season! :D LOL

Angelika hat gesagt…

Ohje - an Baum ist bei uns noch gar nicht zu denken, der steht vormutlich noch im Wald und Geschenke fehlen viele auch noch.
Dir un Deiner Familie einen schönes gemütlches 4. Advents-WE, LG Angelika

Shay hat gesagt…

Fresh cut trees arent big in Australia (probably because this time of the year is so warm they'd last about two days ). I love your tree though and Im glad you put it up before December 24th so we could have a look and admire it's beauty in advance. There's nothing wrong with being too excited to wait to put up your decorations.

Im right there with you doing the holiday countdown!

Thank you for playing FTF with me this year Kirsten. It's always lovely to read your posts.

Marg hat gesagt…

I'd like to have a fresh cut tree, but it's too hot here as Shay said they'd lat only a couple of days, and the type of pines available here for Christmas trees are usually sparse and not at all pretty.
Your tree looks lovely.
Woo hoo three weeks break, I bet you are very very happy!

Michelle hat gesagt…

I must say the Christmas tree is probably my favorite of the holiday as well. :-)

Frohe Weinachten!

Suzanne hat gesagt…

How wonderful to have fresh tree in the house! We used to always do that, but one family member developed allergies. I still remember the heavenly scent. In the USA, it has gotten so that trees are put up at the end of November, right after our Thanksgiving. I really like the idea that you in Germany have preserved the tradition of putting up the tree much closer to the holiday.

Minchen hat gesagt…

Unser Baum steht draußen in der Kälte... schön siehts aus bei euch und schon soooo viele Geschenke!

Ich wünsche euch einen schönen 4. Advent!

Amanda hat gesagt…

I like to put the tree up on the 1 Dec, but the kids want to put it up the day after the pagent (big procession here in Adelaide with floats and things) but that is early November and I just can't do it. Lovely tree though and great FTF

Es ist ein Fehler bei diesem Gadget aufgetreten.